Kerley & Talken PC
free consultation
Our office remains open at this time. Consultations are available via telephone or Face-Time. In-person consultations are available on a case-by-case basis. The safety of our clients and employees is of the utmost importance.
View Blog Navigation

July 2019 Archives

Do I lose child support if my ex goes bankrupt?

Some Illinois parents depend greatly on child support to handle their child’s expenses. So the possibility of an ex-spouse declaring bankruptcy can be a frightening one. If your former spouse filed for bankruptcy, you might wonder if your ex is now released from paying child support. The answer to this question is no. Your ex would still be obligated to pay support even if bankruptcy is filed.

What does an accident reconstruction expert do?

If law enforcement officers charge you with reckless driving after an Illinois motor vehicle accident or one of the other drivers sues you for causing it, you may wish to obtain the services of a professional accident reconstruction expert to find out exactly how the accident occurred so you can refute these charges.

Are older truck drivers posing a hazard on the roads?

You and other Illinois residents may be concerned about the potential dangers involving older drivers. While responsible drivers may have the right to drive, regardless of age, it is also true that aging can cause numerous conditions that make it less safe to be behind the wheel. This can be especially true when the older driver works for a commercial trucking company.

The basics of uninsured motorist coverage

Your day may begin normally, and your drive to work may be uneventful until another vehicle runs a red light or crosses into your lane causing an accident that leaves you injured. To your shock, the driver does not stop to see if you are hurt. If you are too shaken to get a license plate number, you may never know who to contact for insurance information to cover your damages.

Schedule A Consultation Today

Contact Us For A Free Consultation To discuss your legal matter with an attorney at our firm, call 217-814-0148 or complete the contact form below.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Kerley & Talken PC
431 S. Grand Ave West
Springfield, IL 62704

Phone: 217-814-0148
Fax: 217-523-0009
Map & Directions

Map Image