Protecting Your Family And Your Finances
Our attorneys are here to protect your interests at a time when you need them the most: when you are facing a legal issue involving your family.
At the Kerley & Talken PC, our lawyers represent families throughout central Illinois who are facing issues such as divorce and child custody. No matter what family issue you are facing, we offer a free initial consultation to discuss your case. Call 217-814-0148 to talk to an attorney. Our law office is conveniently located in Springfield.
Attorney Kim Talken has focused her law practice on family law since 2008. She offers personal, one-on-one attention throughout the legal process.
The following are examples of the types of family law cases we handle:
- Divorce: Marriage dissolution is always painful, but a skilled and compassionate attorney can help you come out of it with the least damage to your emotions and your finances.
- Division of assets: We approach property division with a focus on fairness and financial stability for both spouses.
- Child custody disputes: Determining where your kids will live and how you and your ex will share parenting time can be both complex and emotional.
- Child support and modifications: Parents have a responsibility to support their children whether they are married or not. However, determining the appropriate amount of support isn’t always straightforward.
- Enforcement of court orders: If an ex isn’t following through on a parental time-sharing or support order, the court can intervene.
- Stepparent adoption: We represent stepparents, grandparents and other family members who wish to adopt children who are living with them.
- Paternity actions: When a child is born out of wedlock, the mother may need help obtaining child support, and the father may need help to be involved in his child’s life.